Hello and welcome to the Christ Church website!
We are a Jesus-centred and fully inclusive church in South Liverpool, close to the city centre.
We meet for worship every Sunday, and informally through the week. Holy Communion is celebrated twice monthly. We are committed to each other’s welfare and to that of the local community.
Whether you’re 5 or 95, a student or retired, all are welcome to join us at our weekly service, every Sunday morning at 10:30am. We also get together regularly for social and other activities.
Whatever your enquiry, we would be more than happy to hear from you. Leave your message on our ‘Contact us’ page, and we will get straight back to you….
Click on the image below to see the Vicar’s blog (including recent reflections & talks)…
Benefice of St Michael-in-the-Hamlet & Christ Church Toxteth Park
Coronavirus Update Wednesday 29 April 2020
- Public worship on a Sunday and midweek is suspended for a season. There will be no services on Sunday, nor on Thursday midday until further notice.
- Other events, such as the Christ Church Soup Group, are also suspended until further notice.
- Sunday services and other devotions are published online worship, and can be accessed on our churches youtube channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTU_YrBz8hPzxNs9nbRouYQ/featured
- Additional worship resources can be accessed online. See the Church of England and Diocese of Liverpool websites.
- I will provide a weekly reflection, which I will publish online.
- I am currently unable to visit people at home, unless in very exceptional circumstances.
- Ours is a strong community and we are well networked as churches, meaning that many of our elderly and most vulnerable people have the ongoing support of relatives, friends and neighbours who. Please continue to make sure that your immediate neighbours are well and provided for.
- The nearest foodbanks to the St Michael’s area are two miles away in either direction. We are looking into how we might facilitate food supplies to the most vulnerable, working together with existing foodbanks.
- IIf you wish to donate foodstuffs (non-perishables wrapped & packed), please drop these off at the Vicarage – 1b St Michaels Church Road.
- It is important that as a community we don’t replicate our provision. Hence, we are working closely with our local councillors and other agencies to provide a joined-up approach to meeting need as and when it arises. Please inform me of anyone in any particular need.
- To continue to pray the Lord’s Prayer daily – especially when you wash your hands
Revd. Keith Hitchman
Vicar, St Michael-in-the-Hamlet Church & Christ Church Toxteth Park