Hello and welcome to the Christ Church website!
We are a Jesus-centred and fully inclusive church in South Liverpool, close to the city centre.
We meet for worship every Sunday, and informally through the week. Holy Communion is celebrated twice monthly. We are committed to each other’s welfare and to that of the local community.
Whether you’re 5 or 95, a student or retired, all are welcome to join us at our weekly service, every Sunday morning at 10:30am. We also get together regularly for social and other activities.
Whatever your enquiry, we would be more than happy to hear from you. Leave your message on our ‘Contact us’ page, and we will get straight back to you….
As of Monday 23rd March all churches and places of worship in the UK are closed until further notice. Christ Church Toxteth Park is no exception to this. Sunday Services are being made available on youtube and under the Sermons link in the main menu.
- I will provide a weekly reflection, with prayers, which I will publish online.
- I will continue to do some doorstep visits to the very vulnerable, but as a rule will not be entering houses (following the guidelines).
- Ours is a strong community and we are well networked as churches, meaning that many of our elderly and most vulnerable people have the ongoing support of relatives, friends and neighbours. Please continue to make sure that your immediate neighbours are well and provided for.
- The nearest foodbanks to the St Michael’s area are two miles away in either direction. We are looking into how we might facilitate food supplies to the most vulnerable, working together with existing foodbanks. More information is to follow.
- In the meantime, if you wish to donate foodstuffs (non-perishables wrapped & packed), please drop these off at the Vicarage – 1b St Michaels Church Road.
- It is important that as a community we don’t replicate our provision. Hence, we are working closely with our local councillors and other agencies to provide a joined-up approach to meeting need as and when it arises. Please inform me of anyone in any particular need.
- Our Archbishop’s, Justin and Sentamu, are asking as to pray:
- To meditate on the Shepherd’s Song, Psalm 23, The Lord’s my Shepherd
- To continue to pray the Lord’s Prayer daily – especially when you wash your hands
In 1 John 4 verse 18 we read, ‘There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear…’
Jesus is *Perfect Love Personified*. Cling to Him. Trust in Him. Fall upon His grace and mercy. For His love never fails.