At Christ Church we are committed to Promoting a Safer Church (House of Bishops 2017)
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all who work with people at risk
- Responding promptly to any safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse
- Caring pastorally for those who the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse
- Responding to those that may present a risk to other
If you think that a child or vulnerable adult is at immediate risk then please call the police
If you would like to discuss safeguarding at Christ Church or need to report any concerns, go to our ‘contact us’ page.
At Christ Church we have adopted the policies and procedures of the Diocese of Liverpool and the National Church Safeguarding Team.
You can access this through the link below
Further information on safeguarding within the Church of England and the Diocese of Liverpool can be found by using the links below, including information about how to report abuse and find support
You may wish to contact one of these 24-hour helplines to report abuse
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 08457 90 90 90 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 (free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm).