Our Building

Nikolaus_Pevsner“Highly original, with touches of roguery”                                                         Nikolaus Pevsner, British scholar of the history of art & architecture

Christ Church is a Grade II* listed building. It was opened in 1871 and is one of the largest in the area being built to seat 800! 

Our building can be hired as a venue for your events or projects. It was recently used by Operation Lightfoot to film their latest music video:

The church features beautiful stone and wood carving throughout and is also home to some wonderful stained glass windows of a variety of styles including those designed by H. Gustave Hiller, while the building itself was designed by Culshaw & Summers. 

The Church no longer has a hall so we have redeveloped the rear of the building to create a more flexible and usable space, where we serve tea, coffee and sometimes cake on a Sunday morning after our weekly service.

search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close